Friday, July 31, 2009

My Time to Sketch Challenge

Well, it's Saturday and time for another My Time to Create Challenge for all of you - this week it's another of Lauren's AWESOME sketches!! It's going to be a very busy day on the ole blog today with this being the first of 3 posts, so stay tuned for more goodies and a couple of very special Sneak Peeks!! For now, on to the Sketch...

I have a confession to make. I have this weird thing about right angles and I NEVER (and I mean NEVER) play along in sketch challenges that involve skewed or tilted panels. I know, I warned you it was weird!! I love what others do with those off-set panels, but I just can't seem to make them work. So I don't even try! I was so pressed for time this week that I finally gave up and just made a few Creative Alterations to the sketch and made all my panels "line up" to right angles! Check it out:

I think it works. What do you think? I used some new (to me) printed digi papers from the Sunshiny Day Paper Pack by Corina Nelson along with the "smile" sentiment from Verve's All About You set. I also used my Sizzix Butterfly die (one of my faves!!) and Chocolate Chip, Kraft (surprise surprise) CS and Whisper White textured CS.

Be sure to head on over to the other My Time to Create DT blogs to see what this sketch is SUPPOSED to look like!!
And if you'd like to play along, just head on over to Lauren's blog and link up your creation to her post from today so we can all check out what you make with the sketch!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love those yummy papers Jen! I might have to go snatch them up myself!! FABULOUS card...love it!

AKiteFlier said...

Jen this is fabulous - I think the idea of a sketch is to be inspired and if your inspiration just straightens things out a bit that's fine. I've never worked with angles myself but I tried it this time - the angles worked but I could not figure out where to use a sentiment so it went on the inside :-)
Gorgeous card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Great way to make the sketch your own. :) TFS

Anthonette said...

Aloha Jen, you are I are the same when it comes to angled items...I don't like working with them. Like you I will not do a sketch that has an item like that. I'm a weirdo too!

Lisa Kind said...

Too funny, Jen! I like straight angles too, and it was a difficult sketch for me! Love your symmetrical card...great take on the sketch!

Dana Gustafson said...

Ha ha Jen! YOu won't see it "right" at my blog either. I bailed on the wonky rectangles and made them circles for my card. YOur card is gorgeous with the pretty prints and butterfly die.

Kristin Eberline said...

Dying laughing at you and your weird OCD with right angles! LOL Too funny :O) I never noticed.

Either way your card turned out amazing as usual! Love your cool color combo and that gorgeous butterfly! Very clean layout with those right angles...I must confess :]