Thursday, August 7, 2008

Anni-Verve-sary Sketches 1, 2 & 3

In celebration of Verve's Anniversary, Julee is hosting an Anni-Verve-sary Party over on Splitcoast with the "12 Days of Verve" sketch challenge. Here are my first 3 entries...

For Sketch #1, I combined 2 of the new In Colors (Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette) with Kraft and Whisper White. I used my Swiss Dots cuttlebug embossing folder on the pink layers and the new SU scallop punch on the top. Verve's Floral Whimsy stamp set was perfect for the tall main image panel. I paper-pieced the vase and the flower images for even more depth to this 9-layer (yep, that's right) card. Some pearls on the flower centers and some pink satin ribbon from my LSS finished it up.

My card for sketch #2 is my favorite of the three. I just LOVE the new Baja Breeze in color and it looks so elegant paired with Chocolate Chip!! I made the filagree background with Verve's Filagree Fantasy set and Baja Breeze ink. The sentiment was inked first with the Baja Breeze ink pad, then I used a baby wipe to "erase" all but a few key words, inked the other words with my Chocolate Chip SU marker and it looks beautiful in real life (you can't really see the depth of the multi-colored sentiment in picture). Oh, this sentiment is also from Verve's Floral Whimsy. I stamped one of the small butterflies from Petals & Stems in versamark ink on Baja Breeze CS, then embossed with white powder, but it out and popped it up on dimensionals. Some Chocolate Chip ribbon and some large brown brads completed the card.

My third card is a double challenge card - it also works for the Meet the Verve Divas Challenge #5 - to use butterflies on your card. This card uses a Chocolate Chip CS base along with some great Wild Saffron (I think from My Mind's Eye???) DP. The butterflies are actually cut out of one of the great pieces of DP. The sentiment is once again from Verve's Floral Whimsy. My sponging technique needs some SERIOUS work, but you get the idea. I added the scalloped edge to the top layer as well as some Chocolate Chip twill ribbon.

I'm having lots of fun doing the Verve sketches this week!! I'll have several more to share with you tomorrow. Be sure to check out the Verve Forum and participate if you can - lots of great Verve prizes are being given away!!!

4 comments:

Rhonda Kelly said...

These are FABULOUS cards! I love them all. The little pearls on the first one are just previous and a very cute accent. The second one I just love that background that you created and the blue and brown are just scrumptious! And I am loving the butterflies on card #3. So cute, great job on these sketches. TFS

Anonymous said...

these cards are all great but I am really lovin the top one!

Denise G said...

Your cards are beautiful. I think my favorite is the vase in red an pink! Great job. I love the Verve Stamps!
Denise G

Enjoli said...

I love the Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip too! Very beautiful card! =)