Friday, August 22, 2008

Hybrid CD Magnet

Here's another fun hybrid project I did this afternoon. This was a super easy, super quick little project. This could easily be done with "regular" paper for all you traditional papercrafters out there! I made this cute little CD magnet for my friend Rebekah's oldest child, Cameron, who started preschool this month. I used the pics she took on his first day of school.
The digital portion of the project was done in Photoshop Elements 6. All of the digital elements were purchased from Sweet Shoppe Designs. I used one of the templates from the Circle Brag Book by Darcy Baldwin and used clipping masks to add my digital papers and photos to the template - SOOOO easy! The paper, word blocks, & paperclip are from the Build a Dream kit by Traci Reed. I used fonts School Script Dashed and Rough Typewriter, both downloaded for FREE from dafont.com!! Once I was finished with the digital layout, I printed it out on HP Premium Soft Gloss Photo Paper, cut it out, and used Mod Podge to glue it to an old scratched CD. Finally, I attached some adhesive magnets to the back and it's done!

1 comment:

Darcy said...

What a cute project!! I love it!