Monday, August 18, 2008

Serenity Now & A Sketch for You To Try

First off, my DH got me a huge stash of Copics for my birthday (which was almost a month ago!!!) and I have to admit that I've actually been AFRAID to use them! I'm no artist and I see so much wonderful Copic ART out there on fellow crafters' blogs that I have been so intimidated by these markers. Please keep in mind that this was my FIRST ever attempt at coloring with Copics and don't look too closely....

Card details...One of my oldest friends, Rebekah, is an accomplished Yoga instructor in the Phoenix area and for some reason every time I see this MFT stamp set, I think of Bek. I'm not really sure why. I'm a meditator (is that even a word???) and I'm pretty sure this chick is meditating, not doing yoga. But oh well. Bek will understand. Anyway, I finally broke down and ordered a few MFT stamps when I got my Copics and this set was on my list specifically so I could make Bek a card or 2 (or 3). Bek will also appreciate the Serenity Now sentiment as we used to watch hours and hours of Seinfeld and one of our favorite episodes is the one where George's Dad is constantly yelling "Serenity Now" as a stress relief technique. I still yell that sometimes when I feel myself getting grumpy from stress and it always perks me right up!!! :-) Anyway, the card uses Riding Hood Red, Wild Wasabi and Basic Grey CS. I stamped the image in Archival Brilliance Graphite Black ink on Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select white paper and colored with Copics. Once I'm good enough to think people might actually care which copic colors I choose (or if someone requests it before then for some reason) I will start listing copic colors. I also used my nestabilities and some Wild Wasabi striped ribbon.

And now on to my card for Jen del Muro's Sketch for You to Try...Another fun sketch this week! I'm trying to force myself to use some much neglected SU paper (that's now retired and I need to get rid of to make room for my HUGE order that should be arriving soon!!!) and lonely stamp sets. So for this card I went with Jersey Shore DP (still one of my faves) paired with a Wild Wasabi card base and Brilliant Blue mats. The main Image is from SU's Pun Fun, my 2nd ever attempt at coloring with Copics. My color matching needs some work, but oh well. I added a nesties scalloped circle mat in Bashful Blue, some Bashful Blue striped ribbon, and Hodgepodge Hardware around the sentiment. Finally, I decided at the last minute to round all of the corners.
That's it for today! Have a great week!!!

4 comments:

Elena said...

Hello Jen! I visit your blog very often for fun and creative ideas!!! Your blog is so inspirational!
I've nominated you for a blog award. You can find the details in my post TheRedHairedGirl.
Thank You for all your beautiful work!

Kathryn said...

So cute -- love the stamp and I adore that SU paper ! So very pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE where you put your focal image!! No one else did that and it is SO WONDERFUL!! I seriously would have never thought of it. Thx for playing sweetie!! Hugs-Jd

Becky Carafa said...

Well, for your first try at copics, you did awesome! And the bird card is just adorable!

Can you send me your email address (becky@lakeshorestamper.com) or your SCS name, I couldn't find a way to contact you. Just have a quick question for you! Thanks!