Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hybrid Lova Ya

Well, I'm a little late posting this sorta Valentine-y card, but oh well! I have another V-Day project to share with you in a day or 2 also, so hopefully nobody has a problem with it. This is what happens when I procrastinate with my blog posts! For the record, I DID have this done BEFORE Valentine's Day (by a few hours anyway), I just didn't get around to sharing it with you all until now! :-)

This is for Jen Del Muro's Sketch For You to Try ginormous contest thingy she has going on over on her blog. I'm sure you've all heard about it by now, but if you haven't, head on over and check it out - you still have about a week left to play along!! Anyway, you can check out the sketch I used for this card HERE. I changed things up only slightly - moving my little "embellishment cluster" up a bit - because it just worked better that way on my card! It's called Creative Liberty, LOL. Take a look at my card:


I went with a hybrid card again this week, using this fantastic kit, Chirp, by Penny Springmann over at Sweet Shoppe Designs. All of the paper (except for the Kraft base) and all of those embellishments (except for the 3 buttons and the machine stitching) are printed digi goodies from the kit!!! Pretty cool, huh? And the best thing about hybrid is that for just $5-7 I get an ENTIRE kit (that would probably cost me about $25-30 in "real" supplies) that I can print over and over again as many times as I want!!! There's no waste, I only print what I'll actually use - so if I love 3 papers from the kit but don't love the others, well I can print those 3 papers 75 times and never use the others - all for that one-time price of $5-7!! And you want to know a little secret?? Some of your favorite artists (like Zoe Pearn and Christy Lyle and lots of others who design those AWESOME paper packs like Bloom and Grow for My Mind's Eye and other companies - they sell those same kits in DIGI for that low $5-7 price over at Sweet Shoppe!!! shhhh!! Don't tell MME that I told ya!).

Anyway, enough hybrid info-mercial-ing from me! Back to my card. The "Love Ya" sentiment from Say It With Style (PTI) was stamped on Kraft CS with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I used my sewing machine to attach the sentiment panel to the card, used my circle nesties to cut out some of the printed digi papers, hand cut some of the printed digi embellishments and attched them with dimensionals, added a few buttons and I was done!!

OK, that's it from me for tonight! I can't believe the weekend is already over! ugh. We have a crazy busy week this week - Dean has a preschool field trip that should be interesting. His class is going on a Whale Watch boat Thursday morning. I'm not going (I get DEATHLY seasick), so Joel is going along. I wish I could be a fly on the wall of that boat!! Dean says he doesn't want to go, he just wants to go to the beach instead to watch the whales "like normal". So cute!! Then Joel leaves Thursday afternoon with his high school wrestling boys for a long, tiresome weekend on Oahu for the high school wrestling Hawaii State Tournament. They had the Maui Interscholastic League Championships (this is kind of like "Regionals" on the mainland? It's all of Maui County which includes Maui schools, Molokai and Lanai) this weekend and Baldwin High boys took 3rd and the girls took 4th. I think he has 4 of his boys who qualified for State. He mostly works with the upper weights and his heavyweight won the MIL tournament and has a pretty good chance to do well at State, so keep your fingers crossed!! I'm just soooo ready for wrestling to be over this year!! :-)

1 comment:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

This is SUPER cute Jen. Love it. Oh and what's with that little bit of a tilted bit there... huh!!!!! I thought you were terrified of "tilt".. don't tell Karen... she'll have us Paint Sample, Tilting panels all over the place. hahaha.
Gorgeous card.

xx Sarah