Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sweet Sunday Delay

Hi there! My Sweet Sunday Sketch sample card will be delayed a bit. Of course I don't work ahead and with everything going on here in Hawaii today - I've been up since 4:00 am dealing with the stress and worry of the Tsunami warning, sirens, evacuations, re-stocking our disaster kit, etc. We are all breathing a great big sigh of relief that the Tsunami was not nearly as large as they had anticipated and I have to say that it's a little bit comforting to know that our state is VERY prepared for such a disaster. So anyway, I'm sure you understand why I didn't get around to finishing my Sweet Sunday Sketch card!! I did start it, but I'm just too tired to finish it up, photograph it and do my post before I head to bed tonight. I promise I'll be back sometime tomorrow (Sunday)!!! Thank you to everyone who sent well wishes via e-mail, facebook and text messages!!

7 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

So glad it was not what they expected, You had been on my mind yesterday!

Jackie Pedro said...

Whew....I'm so glad it's over and I'm sure you'll be happy when Joel is back!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I'm so thankful that it was not a bad as feared - glad you're safe.

{pam} said...

i watched this closely online at hawaiinewsnow.com . . . one of my best friends and my landlord both live over there! it was amazing to see how quickly the water would recede and then fill back up . . . over and over! i was so relieved to see that it wasn't anywhere near the 8' waves theyw ere expecting! glad you are safe . . . get some rest!

Karen Giron said...

Thank goodness! I was thinking about you guys yesterday - hope you guys get some rest and back into the normal routine soon.

Cindi said...

Jen

I immediately thought of you yesterday when I woke up to the news of the tsunami warning. Courtney also has family spread throughout the isles so we were busy finding exactly were their locations where. I am glad you were prepared, but didn't need to use your preparations.

cindi lees albrightson

Curt in Indy said...

I wondered about how you guys were doing through all of the Tsunami scare. I'm glad it turned out to be nothing much! Glad you and your sweet family are safe! Best, Curt