Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Hybrid SFYTT

ETA: I just realized after posting this that maybe the reason this all came together so quickly and those circles stopped being so intimidating and I couldn't get a stinking butterfly out of my head was because of JEN'S fabulous card!!! damn it! Obviously I had her butterfly card on the brain when I made this and without realizing it, I practically reproduced it. I promise it was unintentional! Now I just feel totally lame. LOL.

It's been about FOREVER since I played along with one of Jen's Sketch For You To Try challenges, but I couldn't resist this week!! Have you seen her fabulous contest and giveaway going on this month? WOW! Be sure to go check it out. You can see the sketch on her blog, but here's what I came up with:

I have to admit, those 3 circles on the sketch intimidated the hell out of me!! LOL. What was I going to do with THOSE? And then I saw this fabulous new Limited Edition digital kit, Oh So Pretty at Sweet Shoppe and the wheels started turning. Now this car is much more detailed than my usual, but I'm pretty happy with it. And how about that stitching? It's actually pretty straight around the edges - almost as good as that Jodi Collins, huh? HA! (and FYI - I made the stitching around the circles sloppy on purpose!). All of the papers except the Kraft CS are printed digi papers - aren't they YUMMY? I stamped the "Just Because" sentiment from Verve's new Celebrating You on a scrap of Kraft and used my Trio of Tags die from Spellbinders to cut it out then attached it to the satin ribbon bow. The butterflies were cut from more printed digi paper using my Sizzix butterfly die from SU.

So that's it from me tonight! Have a great week!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your card. Its colours are awesome!

Debbie said...

So beautiful, Jen! Love that pretty butterfly :)

Here's mine: http://debssimpletreasures.blogspot.com/2010/02/be-mine-sfytt-challenge.html

Jodi Collins said...

You are so silly girlie!!! I was SHOCKED to see my name on your post!!! You crazy girl you! I have to tell you, I ADORE this card!! Pure perfection!!

Alex said...

You crack me up....and you are soooo not lame, LOL!!! Your card is beautiful!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful card, love all your mix of colors and embellies!

Justine said...

I love it Jen,

Stacey Schafer said...

oh my word! i love the pattern and color choices:) darling!

Mary J said...

What a gorgeous card - I love it!! Wanna send it to me?!! ;) BTW, have I told you yet how jealous I am that you live in Hawaii?!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, this one is really beautiful! Lame, not! And not one would notice anyway as yours is so wicked that they would of forgot in a second anyway! Love this one! And Jodi better watch out!!

Allison said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colours.

I did pretty much the same thing (re-producing Jen's card without intending to)! I felt so embarrassed but now I feel better. Check mine out here: http://embellishedpaper.blogspot.com/2010/02/sfytt-baja-butterfly.html