Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sweet Sunday #57

Wow! I've really been slacking in the blogging lately, huh? February has just been a crazy busy month - I can't believe it's already almost over!! I've been enjoying taking this month easy with the design work and spending a little extra time with Joel and Dean, something we've really needed after the stress of the last several months with finding placement for my Dad. (more on that at the end of this post). Anyway, here we are, already Sunday again and time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!!

Karen cooked up a doozie for us this week. She stumped me all right with this one! I don't know if my MoJo is just in hiding or what, but I sure struggled with this sketch (click image to view it larger):

I needed a sympathy card to send to a dear friend, so here's what I came up with using Verve's Forever in our Hearts and the little butterfly from Petals and Stems:


Other Supplies:
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip CS (SU); Scarlet Jewel, Sweet Blush CS (PTI)
Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko); Scarlet Jewel (PTI); Copic Markers
Accessories: Circle Nesties (Spellbinders); Sweet Blush ribbon (PTI); Chocolate Chip ribbon (SU); Spica Glitter Pen

If you haven't already, be sure to stop by the other Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs to see what they've done with the sketch...
hen play along with us and post your creation using Mr. Linky over on Karen's Blog!

And in case any of you are wondering how things are going with my Dad, the transition to the Alzheimer's Care Unit at the Assisted Living Center has gone SOOOO smoothly we almost can't believe it! My Dad seems so content and really very happy there. I can't tell you how good that makes us feel. There have been a few bumps, mostly with some behavioral issues and interactions with other residents, but we're told this is normal for Alzheimer's patients during this type of transition. We've adjusted some meds and made some changes to some others and are just hoping for the best. But really, things are going so much better than any of us expected! Of course, he's getting lots of attention - apparently he's quite popular with the ladies!! LOL. He is one of only 3 male residents out of 15 in the Memory Care Unit and is the youngest resident by at least 20 years. So it makes sense. But it's pretty funny. Anyway, thank you all so much for the many kind words of support and encouragement you've left on my blog as I've shared my story with you. I can't tell you how much it's appreciated!!

20 comments:

Aussieleigh said...

Love your card Jen...it has a lovely tone for a sympathy card!

Anonymous said...

What a great card Jen! I love the colours that you used! So pretty

Lee said...

Such a pretty card, and very fitting as a sympathy card. I love that sentiment, and it makes a perfect focal point.

Lee x

Lynn said...

I love the colors on your card and the sentiment is beautiful. I love the words.

Alyssa S said...

Such a beautiful card! I'm glad your dad is transitioning well; I'm sure that takes a bunch of stress off of you and your family.

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful Jen! I love the soothing colours you chose and the sentiment is beautiful. These are always the most difficult cards to make and you've done a wonderful job. So glad to hear your dad is settling into his new home so nicely.

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty. Love your color choices! Perfect for a sympathy card.

Lynn Put said...

Jen your card is gorgeous!!! I love the pretty colors you used and the sentiment and little butterfly are wonderful!

Vicki Burdick said...

Doesn't look like a loss of Mojo from this end! I love the card and the soothing colors you used. Fantastic take on the sketch.

Nancy Riley said...

WOW, Jen! Your card is jaw-dropping-gorgeous! Those colors are so elegant and beautiful !!! Well done!

Lisa Kind said...

Hi Jen! Great card! The sketch doesn't look as difficult as it first seemed after seeing all your cards!

So glad that your dad's transition to his new home went well. I know that anything new for an Alzheimer's patient is difficult. {{{Hugs}}} to you and your family.

Karen Giron said...

Wow, Jen! I'm blown away by your card - it's gorgeous and so feminine! Love it!!!

I'm happy to hear the transition for your dad is going smoothly and that you and your mom now have extra help.

Anthonette said...

Aloha, Jen,
Your create a beautiful card with the sketch!

Happy to hear your dad is doing well. I can imagine he would be popular with the ladies since he's so young.

PS The word verification for leaving my comment made me chuckle... buthed!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh this is beautiful! Love the paint swatch look and the peaceful colours are perfect for a sympathy card!

Mary J said...

Lovely card - adore the colour combination!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is beautiful!

Simone P. said...

This is fabulous! Very pretty.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

AWESOME!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS. Perfect colours, perfect sentiment, just perfect. You've done a wonderful job with the sketch.

xx Sarah

Krista said...

You did a great job with the challenge, love your card !!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the sentiment, and the beautiful ribbon! Great job with the sketch!

♥♥♥Lea