Friday, September 4, 2009

My Time Sketch Challenge #35

Happy Saturday and Happy start of a fabulous long weekend (Monday is Labor Day in the US)!! It's time for another one of Lauren's fun My Time Sketch Challenges and I stepped out of my comfort zone this week and actually embraced an off-set / tilted panel!! {gasp!}. I know! Here's a look at this week's sketch:And here's what I came up with:
I used my new Chill-ax set from Taylored Expressions along with some DP from the latest Key Ingredients kit (I'm a subscriber - LOVE getting those kits in the mail each month!!). The image was colored with Copics and the rest is pretty self-explanatory so I'll just leave it at that.

We'd love for you to play along with us this week. Just use the sketch to create your own card or project, then post a link using good 'ole Mr. Linky on Lauren's Blog so we can check it out!

Be sure to stop by the other My Time to Create DT Blogs to see what the other girls have cooked up with this sketch:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so Chill-axing this weekend, you? Love this girl! and now you have made me thirsty too...at 8:oo am in the morning! Hope all is well, I do owe you a LONG email to catch up! Any word on LOST starting or are they doing the frigin January thing again!!

Unknown said...

Love the clean lines - the vellum is super cool too!

MacKenzie said...

Cute cute cute - that polka dot paper is great!

Kristin Eberline said...

LOVE that you followed the sketch perfectly...right down to the vellum panel (yep, I noticed her panel was transparent also...no, I didn't follow that part :) LOL

This is perfectly simple, and clean, in a very Jen Tapler kind of way...the kind that we know and love ♥ Makes me want to chill-ax...uhh, I can't even pretend I like that phrase. It made my heart skip a beat when typed it. My daughter totally overuses it and is usually telling ME, yes, her mother, to chill-ax! LOL It's perfect for that stamp set and your card though :O)

Have a great weekend, girlie.

AKiteFlier said...

Great card Jen - love the theme (perfect for Labor Day weekend) - I almost used velum, too but didn't in the end - love how it looks - perfect rendition of the sketch!

Lisa Kind said...

Love this, Jen! I like the way you used the vellum!

DeeDee said...

Love the colors, and the use of vellum. Yum!

Dana Gustafson said...

Yay for vellum and "chill-ax" ing. If I fly to Hawaii, can we sip frosty beverages like these and talk paper?! Love your summery card!