Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch #37 goes hybrid

Happy Sunday!! You know what that means...time for another fabulous sketch from Karen. This week Sweet Sunday Sketch #37 is a really fun and versatile sketch. Take a look:

If you'd like to play along, just make a card or project using the sketch and use the Mr. Linky thing on Karen's post to share it with the rest of us!! One lucky winner will be chosen each week to be featured on Karen's blog!!

For my sample this week, I decided to go all hybrid!! There's absolutely NO STAMPING on this card!! And that means it was SUPER easy and fast to make!! I used the You Make My World Go Round digi kit by Lauren Grier and Heather Roselli, which is actually on sale for 30% off along with a ton of other digi goodies right now over at the Sweet Shoppe!! The sentiment was typed with the font DJB Poppyseed prior to printing out the journal tag.
I used Kraft CS for my base, but the striped paper, the wings, the Earth, the heart, the sentiment and even the staple are all digi!! I just printed it all out on some double-sided matte brochure paper (which is about the same weight as cardstock), cut it out like I would regular paper or stamped images, and assembled my card!! I added some old SU felt ribbon for embellishment and I was done!

Be sure to check out what the other Sweet Sunday Stampers have done with the sketch:
so don't forget to stop on by to see:
Karen Motz
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Nancy Riley
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and of course, Karen Giron herself!!

7 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Jen, your card is FANTASTIC! I love those bright colors with the kraft background!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Jen.. i love your card. The colours, the image all of it. GORGEOUS.

xx Sarah

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! I love the colors on this -- and that image -- makes me smile :). Wow!

Vicki Burdick said...

Awesome, Love those bright colors and that main image is sooooo cute!!

Lynn Put said...

What a fun card! Love the cool hybrid image and great colors you used!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Really cute Jen! Love your bright colours and that image is fabulous!

DoxieGirl said...

wow! I just love this card! makes me want to go all digital! :)
~Kendra