Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #34

I was so excited to have my good friend Sarah and her Mom Les over for some crafty time on Sunday (seriously love these girls and our craft time!) and we all sat down and played with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #34, which was a really fun sketch again this week! Blogger is acting up on me and I can't get the sketch to load, so just head over to Karen's blog post to check it out for yourself!

And here's my take on it using the Clear and Simple Stamps retro set Little One - such a fun and versatile baby set that coordinates so well with at least a few of the new releases coming out on Sept 15th!! I also used the new Dots and Lines set, which will release Sept 15 - it's quickly becoming one of my most-used CSS stamps!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Little One (Clear and Simple)
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango CS; Bashful Blue DP (SU)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery markers (SU)
Accessories: Sewing Machine; Certainly Celery Ribbon (SU); buttons (PTI)

While I'm at it, I thought I'd go ahead and share a few other projects I've created using the Little One stamp set...

This one uses an older MoJo Monday sketch that I've had sitting on my desk just waiting for me to play with. It's MoJo Monday #98, an awesome sketch that I'm sure I'll be using again and again. Once again, I paired the Little One "Cute as a button" sentiment with the polka dot background stamp from the new Dots and Lines set that will be avail Sept 15.
Supplies:
Stamps: Little One; Dots and Lines (CSS)
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Certainly Celery CS; Delicate Dots DP (SU)
Ink: Fresh Snow (PTI); Versafine Vintage Sepia (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); buttons (SU, PTI); Certainly Celery ribbon (SU)


And this last one is a super simple baby card with the large sentiment from the Little One set stamped in Momento Rich Cocoa ink on a sentiment panel that was sewn onto the card using a zigzag stitch - very simple embellishment but very effective I think!
Supplies:
Stamps: Little One (CSS)
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla CS, Textured Bashful Blue CS (SU); Patterned paper from Scenic Route
Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Scallop border punch, Certainly Celery ribbon (SU); Sewing Machine


So there you have it!! I'll be back on Friday and later this weekend with sneak peeks of some of the New Release sets from Clear and Simple Stamps!! Can't wait for you all to see some of them - too cute!!

5 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Wow girl, you went to town and showcased this set fabulously!!! I love the colors you used, and the stitching on the last one is super cute. Great job, glad you had fun stamping with some friends!

Lori said...

Love what you did with this set! The button embellishments are the perfect match for the sentiment.

Karen Giron said...

SOOOOO cute Jen! Love, love, love your baby cards!

DeeDee said...

So sweet, love the buttons.

Teresa Kline said...

these are super sweet cards Jen, I luv em!

enjoy *~*