Monday, September 21, 2009

Verve Release Party Recap

Well, how was it? I am SO bummed that I completely missed the Verve Release Party on Friday. I haven't missed a Verve Party in over a year!! I'll spare you ALL the gruesome details, but a few hours before the party started I was suddenly hit with a VERY nasty stomach bug and spent the rest of the day either puking my guts up or asleep on the bathroom floor. For a minute I had flashbacks to my college days...but quickly snapped back to reality when I remembered this was so NOT brought on by a long night of drinking and debauchery!!! (hey, it was college, give me a break). Further reminder that this wasn't college anymore came when my 2-yr-old woke up early from his nap and stood in the bathroom doorway staring at me for 10 minutes, then says sweetly "Mommy? You throw up?" - only 24 short hours before HE started puking his guts up all over everything in sight. - And what is it that makes it completely impossible for a 2-yr-old to barf into a small trash can you're holding RIGHT in front of his face - instead hurling on every other clean surface in sight, including your 4th change of clothes of the night (the previous 3 changes being necessary because of earlier toddler pukage), completely missing said trash can?? Anyway, needless to say it was NOT a good weekend in the Tapler house! So today, Tuesday, I'm finally crawling out of this cave of sickness and feeling like we're all getting back to normal. Somehow my husband managed to escape without even a moment of nausea. He has managed to bypass BOTH of the stomach viruses Dean has brought home and passed on to me in the last 2 years. It must have to do with the fact that wrestlers are essentially the human equivalent of a petri dish and by the time one makes it to the collegiate level of wrestling, he has probably built up some kind of freakish superhuman immunity to most normal viruses. That's my theory anyway.

But I digress...I'm really here to share a few of my Verve creations with you that I wasn't able to share at the Verve party (man, did you guys get more than you bargained for today!! LOL). If you were like me and missed all of the Verve Festivities, don't worry!! Julee has some FABULOUS deals going on right now - lots of stamps are ON SALE through the end of September and she has another great deal on the entire New Release Bundle!! Or, purchase the individual sets from the New Release HERE.

Ok, on to the cards...

This one uses one of my fave sets from this release, Starstruck, combined with some printed digi papers from the Dude kit by Fee Jardine (Sweet Shoppe Designs):
And I just LOVE this simple card. I used some nicely textured paper from the DCWV Green Stack and stitched on a narrow strip of Chocolate Chip. The sentiment from Happiness Found was stamped onto Kraft CS in Momento Rich Cocoa and I stamped one of the little Maple Leaves from the same set in Vintage Cream (PTI) ink, cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals, and that was it!! Soooo easy!! Take a look:
And finally, this card uses the MoJo Monday Sketch #104 (yeah, I'm a week behind) and the new Harvest Blessings stamp set:
So there you have it. A look at 3 of the cards I created with some of the new Verve sets. I have lots more to show you in the next few weeks with this fabulous release, so stay tuned!!

Mahalo for stopping by!!
-Jen

3 comments:

Susie said...

Fabulous cards - all of them.

Jackie Pedro said...

Great cards, Jen! You were missed at the party....glad you and Dean are on the mend!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful cards, Jen! Love that rockstar one! Hope you're both feeling better.