Sunday, September 6, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #16

I've missed out on several of Dawn McVey's color challenges recently, but when I saw #16 one I knew I just HAD to make time to participate. These colors are right up my alley!!! Check them out:
I also had several PTI sets that I thought I would DIE if I didn't purchase but haven't been able to use as much as I'd like, so this seemed like a good excuse to get them all good and inky!! Personally I think I should get extra credit for the most stamp sets used on a single card EVER (by me anyway!!). I spent some time this weekend doing some organizing in my craft space and have a whole stack of cards to add to my Etsy shop (which has been empty for almost a year because I'm too lazy to deal with it). As I was going through boxes and boxes of cards, I came across one of my favorites and set it aside to be CASE'd. This card is a CASE of myself (although I'm pretty sure the original sketch might have been an old Sketch For You To Try by Jen del Muro). I really like this layout (click on the photo to see it larger):

Supplies:
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Damask Designs, Bird Watching Additions, Background Basics: Text Style, Everyday Button Bits (PTI)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Very Vanilla, So Saffron CS (SU)
Ink: So Saffron (SU); Momento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko); Versafine Vintage Sepia (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Chocolate Chip twill, Scallop border punch (SU); hobby blade; 3-D Adhesive

24 comments:

Taheerah said...

I love this tall card Jen - great use of all those PTI stamps in the background!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Lovely card. I adore how you framed the main image with the white. Fabulous job with Dawn's color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP!!! This is my fave card by far for that colour challenge as like you, I loved it! I might try it today as I missed the cut off for her challenge. Way to go Wahini!

Winter said...

So cute! I love all the stamping! Top pick for sure! :)

Amy Liz Schultz said...

this is GORGEOUS! I am in love with this card!

Andrea M said...

Fabulous card! What a great design - wonderful job on the color challenge :)

Maureen said...

Love the polka dots and all the layers...gorgeous!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card, I love those colors together! You did a great job mixing them all and I love the tall card.

Paulina said...

This card is fabulous! I love all the wets that you used- some of my all time favorites! :)

Paulina said...

I know I already left a comment, but I wanted to congratulate you on making Dawn's spotlight this week! This card was definitely worthy of that honor!

Elise said...

Adorable work, Jen! I had to come by and say CONGRATULATIONS on your spotlight status for this delightful little card! Your work is awesome! Yipee!

Amy said...

I'm impressed you combined so many sets on this card! Congrats on being chosen for the spotlight!

Chrissy said...

Adorable birdies! Love the sentiment too. Great job on making the spotlight!
Chrissy

Maile Belles said...

This is adorable!!! Congrats on making the spotlight!

Winter said...

I knew you would be in the spotlight! Congrats! :)

jen said...

Great card- and you cracked me up with the comment about having stamps that you might have died without getting, but hardly using! Ha! That wouldn't be as funny if I didn't have the same affliction!!
Congrats on the spotlight!!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great card, love how you used the birds and the dots, nice!

farmhouse-story said...

love this card! i never think to do the tall card--love how you've mixed so many stamp sets!--congrats!

Rose said...

Love your card! Those birds are adorable. Congrats on making the spotlight!

Jessica said...

Phenomenal! You definitely get brownie points for using all those sets! Congrats on the spotlight!

Chris said...

This is a beautifully put together card - I love all the layers! Well done on being in the spotlight.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!! Congrats on the spotlight, too:)

Paula Pascual said...

Beautiful card, well deserved spotlight!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Your card is so fabulous. Love the polkadot background. Congrats on making the spotlight.