Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch #36

It's Sunday for most of you (still Saturday here on Maui!! hee hee) and that means it's time for another fabulous Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge courtesy of the amazing Karen Giron! I was super excited when Karen asked me to join her Sweet Sunday Stampers group to create samples each week using her Sketches!! To celebrate the start of the Sweet Sunday Stampers group, Karen is offering up some pretty awesome blog candy - simply create your own card using the sketch and then use the Mr. Linky thing on Karen's post to share it with the rest of us - and you'll be entered in the Blog Candy giveaway!!

Here's a look at this week's sketch:Man, Karen was REALLY testing me with this one!! I'll admit that sketch and I did NOT get along this week and I started over on more cards and ended up trashing them than I think I ever have before! I finally buckled down to try to make peace with this sketch and I just gave up!! That darn tilted panel did me in!! So, I made him straight!! I'll show Karen to try to force me to use a tilted panel! ha! Here's my sample (I just realized that I think this is the first Stampin' Up Only card I've made in just about FOREVER):

Now, head on over to the other Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs and see what they've done with the sketch:

And don't forget to finish up over on Karen's post and link us up to your own creation!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Party Hearty (SU)
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White CS (SU)
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories: Old Olive ribbon, dimensionals (SU); Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

12 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Jen!!! You make me laugh. THis is gorgeous. And I love that you straightened that Mr Crooked panel!!! hahaha. And I LOVE the ribbon embelishment you used for the scallop .... brilliant!!!

xx Sarah

Amy said...

It's funny and encouraging to hear that you get frustrated too. Hey, Jen. I will be hopping over to get the digital "Halloween kit" from Libby's (sweet shop design) this afternoon and was wondering.... Which digital kit do you recommend I start with at the sweet shop design (other than your Halloween kit)? Something simple and versatile... Again thank you for all your advice.

Lynn Put said...

Jen your card is wonderful! The cupcakes are perfect for the sketch and I love how you did the ribbon!

Karen Motz said...

Fabulous card Jen! It looks awesome even with the straight panel. And hey, sketches are for inspiration, right? :)

Nancy Riley said...

SO CUTE, Jen!!!! I especially love your ribbon treatment! WOW!

Vicki Burdick said...

So cute!!!! Love your ribbon treatment!

Anonymous said...

Look at that ribbon, how did you do that??? Love the colours on the Kraft, well done my friend!

Karen Giron said...

Hey, what's the big idea??! Just kidding - I love your card and especially the ribbon! Yummy! And hey, if I turn my laptop on an angle, your card follow the sketch perfectly!

Rina said...

soooo cute jen, gotta love them cupcakes!

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS Jen! LOVE the colors and that ribbon treatment!!

Justine said...

What a fun card, love the cupcakes and those colors are great together. How did you do that ribbon like that?

Ashley Newell said...

What a beautiful card!