Monday, April 20, 2009

Amy's Friday Sketch #57

Yep, I had a pretty productive weekend! Even with my boys having the sickies (ewww) I still managed to get several challenge cards done....it felt sooo good!! My BSFF (Best Stamping FF...ha! I'm so funny!!) Sarah came over on Saturday and we made a cute little project I'll be sharing with you later this week and got a few other things accomplished as well. She brought her new Purple Cows paper cutter, which convinced me I needed one (I was in the market for a new paper cutter anyway) and Joel surprised me by running to Costco while he was out grabbing us lunch and running a few other errands!!! - Even though he was very sly about it. He came in with a Purple Cows box and I got all excited....I had a sneaking suspicion he might pick me up one. I said "ooooh, what's that?" and ran over and picked up an EMPTY box. Turns out it was just the box Sarah had brought hers in. I hung my head, Joel said "sorry babe" and I went back to stamping. About 10 minutes later, Joel comes into my craft space with a Purple Cows box and sets it down on my table. I jumped up and squealed "I KNEW it! I knew you got me one!" and again, picked up Sarah's empty box. I was so pissed. I called him a jerk and told him that wasn't cool at all. Finally, 10 minutes later he brought in a 2nd Purple Cows box (this time it actually had a paper cutter in it)!! Sarah got a good laugh out of the whole thing. I have a feeling our loving interactions provide her hours of entertainment!!!

Anyway, I'm VERY happy with my new super-bargain paper cutter (like $35 at Costco compared to $85 at our local Ben Frankline store!!!! AWESOME deal!!).

Ok, ok....on to the card. I finally had a chance to particpate in Amy's Friday Sketch challenge and pulled out one of my favorite There She Goes sets for this one - Special Delivery. I colored the image with Copics (I still pretty much suck at Copic coloring). I'm not sure why my grass looks so much like crap here - it doesn't look that bad in real life, but it did NOT photograph well. You'll just have to trust me on that. And as for the glittery frosting on those cupcakes....let me just say that I had a near-disaster with the stickles, but was able to rescue the card!!! whew! So here ya go:


Stamps: Special Delivery (TSG)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Kraft, Chocolate Chip CS (SU); Pure Luxury white CS (GinaK); Best Ever Simply Scrappin' Kit (SU)
Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Copic Markers; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder; Stickles; Chocolate Chip Ribbon, scallop border punch (SU)

1 comment:

Creations by Patti said...

Love the background paper - where did you get it? Is it stamped.