Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Earthy Sketch for You To Try

In honor of Earth Day, which is tomorrow, I picked out some of my favorite "earthy" colors and my new favorite tree stamp from There She Goes' Branching Out paired with a sentiment from Thinking of You to create my card for Jen's Sketch For You To Try this week. It was a quick and easy card, but I'm really happy with how it turned out!!

Stamps: Branching Out, Thinking of You (TSG)
Paper: Textured Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, So Saffron DP, Hawaii Papaya DP (SU); damask DP is an old print from SEI
Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Chocolate Chip twill Ribbon, oval punch and scalloped oval punch, button latte, dimensionals (SU); oval nesties; hemp twine; copic markers.

So what are you doing to celebrate Earth Day? Wednesday is one of my non-work days, so the little man and I are planning on going on a waterfall hike in the morning before naptime. After naptime Joel is planning to come home a little early from work and we're going to plant a Plumeria tree in our backyard before heading to Kihei for a picnic dinner on the beach for sunset. So lots of fun outdoor nature time!! My idea of a perfect day in paradise!! Lucky we live Maui!

2 comments:

Maureen P said...

Happy Earth Day back from B.C., Canada!! Love the simple lines of this tree image. In my grade three class today we are feeding our worms "treats" in our vermicomposter, picking up litter in the school yard, and seeing if our lunches are "friendly" (not a lot of garbage, but recyclables). Beautiful card!!

Melody said...

Beautiful earth day card. Love the colors! Your day in Maui sounds wonderful!