Monday, April 20, 2009

Houndstooth Notecard Set

How about another Verve New Release project? This is one of my favorite projects I've created so far with this new release....
I made this cute little gift box/bag thingie out of Basic Black CS, cutting the handle with a long rectangle nestabilities die. The Houndstooth papers on the project are printed digi papers from the NEW Houndstooth Paper Pack by Libby Weifenbach (Sweet Shoppe Designs). Aren't they yummy!?!? They (along with ALL of Libby's papers) print up soooo nicely!! The notecards (3.5 x 5 inch size) are very simple - I wanted to use a large piece of the houndstooth paper, so really all they needed was a piece of True Black ribbon (PTI) and the Sunshine Plain Jane stamped at the top. I love how they turned out!! I also used a scrap piece of houndstooth to wrap the inside of a RSVP pen to include with the gift. Here's a closer look at the gift box / bag:


I decorated the front of my gift box/bag with a few hand-cut stamped flowers from the new Wishful Elegance set, tied a piece of Old Olive ribbon to the handle, and added the Birthday Wishes sentiment. I plan on giving this set to one of my coworkers (who happens to be a good friend of mine) who will be celebrating her birthday later this week. She's actually technically the Physical Therapy Supervisor and I watched her watching a Supervisor's training podcast once where they were talking about giving positive feedback to employees. The totally cheesy lady actually suggested mailing a personal, handwritten note to someone telling them what a "bright ray of sunshine they've been in the workplace". We both started cracking up laughing at the same time. I regularly tease her about that and demand to know where my handwritten note is telling me what a bright ray of sunshine I am. So even though I know she's going to love this gift, it's also kind of a bit of an inside joke!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

You know, Houndstooth has never appealed to me - and I'm not sure why; maybe it's the name - LOL But I love what you've done with it here, Jen...the use of black with the bold colors packs a punch - a lot of black and not heavy isn't easy to do - very nice set!

Shannan Teubner said...

Girl, these are just adorable!!! Love it!

Allison said...

I LOVE this! Love the bold colours and the houndstooth is fabulous.

lisa808 said...

Adorable cards & packaging.

Mary said...

Beautiful job ... love this one too.

Anonymous said...

Now this is a gift that will look great in my mailbox! LOL Love it girlfriend!

Kelly Schelske said...

Love these, my goodness they are fabulous!!

wendyp said...

omgosh! LOVE that houndstooth print! Jen, these are incredible!