Wednesday, April 22, 2009

For Aunty Joyce

My 2-yr-old son Dean and I attend a free toddler program at Pomaikai Elementary school (the school he will eventually attend as a student here in Kahului) called Families for R.E.A.L. If you live in Hawaii and you have a child age 0-5 yrs old, you really should look into this program. It has been a great resource for Joel and I as first-time parents and a wonderful learning and social development opportunity for Dean. The Spring Session will be ending in late May and I wanted to make a thank you card for Dean's "teacher", Aunty Joyce.

Lauren's Saturday Sketch #30 combined with PTI's Teacher's Apple were perfect for the card and I'll create a matching gift set of some sort in the next few weeks.

Stamps: Teacher's Apple (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip CS; A Walk in the Park DP (SU); Pure Poppy Bitty Dots DP (PTI)
Ink: Pure Poppy (PTI); Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss (SU)
Accessories: Ribbon, dimensionals (SU); Trio of Tags nesties (Spellbinders); button (Basic Grey); hemp twine

I'll be back in a few hours with another SUPER sweet "fruity" project that you definitely do NOT want to miss!!!

11 comments:

Mary said...

Oh I think this is lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Caryl P said...

So sweet! Any teacher would be lucky to recieve such a heartfelt beautiful card....hint hint to my students!

Lauren (mytime) said...

OH my this is SOOOO eye catching. I love the colors. Nice job :D LOVE that set too!

*kathleen* said...

that is a very neat card! love your apples!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is gorgeous! Love the vibrant colors and your take on Lauren's sketch.

Unknown said...

As a teacher myself I must say that I *really* love this card!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is great! Love the layout, very different! And the great goes with it perfect!

Dawn Easton said...

Jen, this card ROCKS girl! Love it!

Dana Gustafson said...

Quite stunning! I love all the contrasting layering and colors you chose. This really shows off your color choices and the sketch. Love it!

SusanBluerobot said...

this card is great .
Off to look around more of your blog
thanks

Anonymous said...

This card is STUNNING. Love the colors, you did great using this sketch.