Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #3

Dawn posted another great Color Challenge last weekend and when I first saw it I thought I was going to really struggle with this one!!Then yesterday as I was browsing through the Going Going Gone retirement sale over at Sweet Shoppe Designs I came across a digital kit using that exact color scheme!! Butterfly Kisses by Eva Kipler and Jan Hosford is 50% off right now too!! Cha-ching!! I downloaded the kit, printed out a few digi papers and whipped up this little number using PTI's Mega Mixed Messages stamp set and some Kraft CS....soooo simple! I added some Stampin' Up ribbon and Basic Grey buttons for embellishment.I thought, well hell, while I've got the kit open in Photoshop and I have this adorable photo of my friend Heidi's daughter Sam just screaming to be scrapped....I might as well make a digi layout while I'm at it. This photo of Sam is so stinkin' cute that I really wanted to keep it the focus of attention, so I kept the layout VERY simple with almost no embellishments. One of Sya's digi templates from Stripped #4 and a photo overlay from All Worn Out by Penny Springmann made that easy!! I removed a layer and rotated the template, then had my page done in under 10 minutes!!!

16 comments:

Kara said...

So cute...Love them both!
Kara

Dana Gustafson said...

Both projects look wonderful. I love your scrap layout especially....what a precious photo you chose to highlight.

Unknown said...

Wow! just gorgeous!

hanksmom said...

i love your card! And that layout is SO DARNED CUTE!!! I "need" to go and check out the sale, right now!

Kari said...

Gorgeous! Love them both!! Love the buttons on the card! Great layout for the page!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love them both. The picture is to die for!!! Love it.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute!! Love the layout too, it's adorable!

ateliersdeval said...

I love your card

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Adorable projecs jen. I think I'm going to start calling you the Kraft Whisperer. LOL! :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Your card + layout are awesome!

Cheryl said...

Wow! I love both of these projects!

Michelle said...

So pretty - love both of these....and the button treatment is adorable.

Winter said...

Card & layout both are beautiful! Great job!

Justine said...

What a fun and classy card. May have to try this color challenge today, BTW, who is that yummy baby, I love her!!

Anthonette said...

I love Julee's new nickname for you! Both projects are ADORABLE! Those digi papers are perfect for this color challenge. Wow! Have a good one!

naomi said...

I absolutely love how you've laid out your buttons. great card. I love stalking your blog!!! congratulations