Saturday, April 18, 2009

Scrappy Sunday

Happy Sunday!! I've totally been slacking about posting my Scrappy Sunday sketches and layouts on my blog, so I've decided to start trying to make a point to that again each week. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about....each week I host a Scrapbook Sketch Challenge over on Papercraft Planet - the Scrappy Sunday Challenge. All forms of scrapbooking - traditional, digi and hybrid - are welcome. It's lots of fun, so if you're a scrapper - come join us!!!

This week's sketch is based on a digital template in the Room for Photos #2 kit designed by the uber-talented Sya of Sya's Blueprints. If you're a digi scrapper, be sure to stop by Sya's store at ScrapMatters - she has TONS of amazing templates and some really cute digi kits available!

This week's sketch has room for lots of photos, but don't feel like you have to use that many - feel free to get creative with those blocks of space (fill with printed or coordinating papers, journaling squares, large embellishments, etc), just keep the basic layout the same!

If you play along this week, be sure to upload to the PCP gallery with the tag sb041909 (all lower case) so we can find your layout!

Here's this week's sketch: And here's my Sample using Deerest Spring by Dani Mogstad & Kristin Cronin-Barrow; Rainforest Revelry by Misty Cato; Extra Large Painted Chippy Alpha by Libby Weifenbach; and font is DJB Poppyseed by Darcy Baldwin (all available at Sweet Shoppe Designs): (you should be able to click on the photo to enlarge to read the journaling if you're interested).I hope you'll all come play along!!! You never know when one of the amazing PCP sponsors is going to surprise one of our participants with a treat!!!

2 comments:

wendyp said...

LOVE this sketch! Love all the elements you used in the layout! gorgeous!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Jen...this is AWESOME! I love all those fabulous pictures! I'm so glad I saw this today because as I sit here drinking my morning coffee I was thinking I REALLY need to sit down and start scrappin' again! Seeing this has made up my mind!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!